Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jenny's "Bunch"

Another friend had us make this 8" hand-milled beadboard frame to fit an oil canvas painting of her house. Her neighbor gave her this painting for Christmas. It's a funny story so I need to share. My friend, Jenny, had given all her neighbors a "bunch" of bananas with a cute saying for Christmas. Well, one neighbor brought this oil painting to her family in return. Jenny was mortified! She was so embarassed that she had given them a "bunch" of bananas and they had brought her this oil painting of her house! I think we have all been in a similar situation:) As she expressed her gratitude, this neighbor began to explain this painting had been done by a family friend. I think, if I remember the story right, the family friend had lived in Beaver as a child. So, while visiting Beaver, the family friend painted Jenny's house to look like it did when she lived here! How cool is that?! When Jenny and her husband bought the house, it had sat unoccupied for 20+years so they have completely re-done the inside with such charm. I wish everyone could go appreciate the structure and history of this old home. I live in an old home myself and we have tried to remodel as money allows to "look old". So, I guess I am partial to appreciating the character and charm an old home has to offer. Anyway, here it is!



1 comment:

  1. Wow that is beautiful!! The frame and the painting look amazing.

    ReplyDelete