Friday, September 2, 2011

My Brick Wall




Oh, so many things one can do with a brick wall!! Don't be jealous that I have this fab wall in my home and I didn't have to pay a single penny for it:) Well, sortof, I did buy the house but the beautiful red(orange)-brick was included. It wasn't like this when we bought the house, but I knew it was under the plaster somewhere. Yes, I chipped the old plaster of the wall to uncover this. Did it take very long? About 3 or 4 hours. Was it messy? Extremely!!

Here is what I decided to do...I collected this collage of frames from the

dollar store (the thin frames), the d.i. (thrift store), or old frames my dad had in his office (he retired:). Then, I decided what colors would look best in that room. I left the dark brown frames and the single gold frame "as is" and painted the rest. They were so rich and original I didn't want to change them.


Here is the Before...and After....Awwww!!
Oh, I forgot...once I had the pictures in place,
I thought a couple more spots needed to be filled so I inherited a couple old license plates my dad had hanging around his shed and there ya go!



No comments:

Post a Comment